What were 2019’s most popular cat names?
Perhaps you welcomed a new feline friend during 2019 and you’re waiting to see if their name has pounced into the top ten? Maybe you’re planning on cuddling a kitten this New Year and you’re in need of some inspiration and want to check out the most popular cat names?
Either way, you might want to cast your peepers over our top ten cat names from 2019 as crunched from the MiPet Cover data for the last 12 months (quote and policy data – 1 January 2019-16 December 2019).
Top 10 female cat names (vs 2018)
- Luna (non-mover, #1 in 2018)
- Bella (non-mover, #2 in 2018)
- Nala (up from #9 in 2018)
- Lola (down from #3 in 2018)
- Poppy (down from #4 in 2018)
- Willow (up one place from #7 in 2018)
- Coco (new entry)
- Tilly (down from #5 in 2018), Rosie (non-mover, #8 in 2018) and Molly (new entry)
- Misty (up one from #10)
- Daisy (down from #6 in 2018)
With the release of the new Lion King movie last summer, it’s no surprise to see Nala claw her way up the charts into third place. Luna and Bella have successfully clung onto the top two spots for the second year in a row. Coco and Molly have also proven to be popular newcomers into the list.
Top 10 male cat names (vs 2018)
- Milo (non-mover, #1 in 2018)
- Simba (up from #3 in 2018)
- Loki (up from #5 in 2018)
- Leo (non-mover, #4 in 2018)
- Charlie (down from #2 in 2018)
- Tigger (new entry)
- George (non-mover #7 2018), Jasper (up from #10 2018) and Oscar (down one from #6 in 2018)
- Alfie (non mover) and Teddy (up from #9 in 2018)
- Oreo (new entry)
- Max (non-mover)
The Lion King shows its popularity again in the male cat names chart with Simba pouncing on up to second place. Tigger and Oreo are new entries, but all other male cat names have held onto a spot in the top ten.
Are you introducing a new kitten to the family in 2020?
If you’re going to be saying ‘hello’ to a curious kitten soon, aside from naming your new pal, it’s important to find a local vet who’ll care for them throughout their life.
Kittens are a curious bunch, so MiPet Cover offers four weeks free WalkawayCover* just in case they get into a spot of bother during their first few weeks in their new home. You can also get a cat insurance quote in minutes for our LifetimeFlex or 365Flex policies, offering you complete peace of mind.
*Kitten must be between eight weeks and one year old and is subject to a CVS health check. WalkawayCover is immediate for illness and accidents.
Call now on 0808 164 7999
to discuss your policy with us.
Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00 Saturday: 09:00 - 14:00